Q: Which should I choose, synthetic or human hair?
- A: Today's better quality synthetic wigs (which is all you will find at sprechic.com) are virtually indistinguishable from human hair, except to the most practiced eye. Synthetic wigs are easier to care for and lower priced. The monofilament fiber "hair" used to make synthetic wigs has "memory" which means it maintains its wave or curl, texture and volume, requiring minimal upkeep. Synthetic wigs, however, are not designed to accept a permanent wave or color change and can be permanently damaged by the use of curling irons, blow dryers or hot rollers.
- Q: What Type of fiber is used for your synthetic wigs or hairpieces?
- A: The fiber is made from the raw material Kanekalon, which is imported from Japan. It's commonly used for hair extensions, weaves, wigs and doll hair. Kanekalon is flame-retardant and comes in a variety of styles and textures, It can be styled even more times than Human Hair.
- Q: How do I achieve a natural look?
- A: Most fashion wigs come with 10% to 30% too much hair, which is why all wigs can benefit from fine-tuning by a professional stylist. Some wigs may require minimal shaping, whereas other wigs may need significant thinning. One of the secrets to successfully wearing a wig is having it professionally styled on your head to suit your features.
- Q: Wearing wig to bath, swim?
- A: Definitely you can. Put the hair into a ponytail or a bun first, then begin securing the loose hair. Use hair pins or a hair clip to secure the hair in place. Be sure to check that that all of the loose hair is clipped above the neck. Feel free to wade in the water as usual, but try not to get too much water in the hair, as this will make restyling more difficult..
- Q: Wearing wig in kitchen?
- A: If you love to cook, never open the oven while wearing a synthetic wig! The sudden burst of heat will ruin your wig; even the hot steam from a boiling pot of water can cause irreparable damage. So swap your wig for a stylish scarf or comfy cap; better yet, kick back and let someone else do the dirty work.
- Q: How long do you expect the wig to last?
- A: Generally, On the condition you don’t wear wigs every day, and take good care, Synthetic Hair Wigs can last over 1 year.Lace front wigs last longer, for the hairs all were needled to lace by hand.Of course, 100% human hair wigs can go over 3 years.
- Q: How to make your wig more naturally?
- A: Add a headband, scarf or any hair accessory to create a personal touch, just because you are wearing a wig doesn't mean you have to wear it the same way all the time, be creative!
- Q: How do I care for my wig?
- A: When not in use, always store your wig on a mannequin or wig stand to maintain its shape.
Frequency of cleaning will depend on your environment, lifestyle and amount of perspiration. Suggested guidelines for cleaning are after 10 to 14 days of wear.
- Synthetic and Blended Wigs
- Only shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays and other styling accessories designed specifically for synthetic wigs should be used to take care of synthetic hair or blended (synthetic/human) hair wigs. After shampooing and conditioning, make sure to rinse your wig thoroughly in cool water. Always use a soft towel and carefully blot dry (do not scrub). Allow your wig to dry naturally overnight on a wig stand.
- Human Hair Wigs
- Special products should also be used on human hair wigs because the hair in human hair wigs has been processed several times and is vulnerable to damage. Any high quality shampoo formulated for processed hair may be used, however, sprechic.com strongly recommends you use the products made especially for wigs to protect your investment.
- Q: How do I wash my wig?
- A: Wash: Fill your sink with enough cool water to submerge your wig. Mix in a small amount of Shampoo for synthetic hair. Soak your wig for 3-5 minutes. Gently swirl without rubbing.
Rinse: Rinse with cool water to remove shampoo. Gently press with a towel to remove excess water. Do not rub or wring.
Dry & Condition: Place on a folding wig stand, spray with a Leave-in Conditioner, and allow to air dry. Do not wring or Squeeze.
Style: Once dry, style as usual. Use your fingers or a wide tooth comb to style your synthetic wig. Define layers with Synthetic-Safe styling products.